cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flaw in bidding system

Didimo G Member Since: Nov 26, 2008
1 of 2
I see something wrong with the bidding system. For example -and I see this a LOT- a user posts a job to oDesk but very often the job description is very vague and short. If you decide to apply for the job you are asked to bid how much you want to charge. But that is not fair to the contractor if little is known about the quantity of the task ahead. Another example, a post says it has a "small project" which requires reverse engineering and has a budget ot $35 (!!!). If I apply I have to bid with my proposal indicating how much I want to charge and how long it will take me to complete. But, what is "small" ? for someone it could mean 5 pages of code, for others it may mean 100. I find it unfair to bid on such things and then be bound by contract to complete when as a freelancer you have no guarantee that the poster will say that "small" was 100,000 lines of code.
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
2 of 2
Well, you're not "bound by contract" until you have accepted the client's offer. So you can bid and then ask questions about the project and if you think it's not worth it, you still can decline.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS