🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Flexibility of Getting Paid Options
Page options
ni_win_saw_thura
Community Member

Flexibility of Getting Paid Options

Hi all, 

I am trying to reach out to Upwork Team member to discuss about getting paid options. 

I have tried to set up a payment option with a friend's bank account in USA to get paid in wire transfer for two reasons: 

1) To avoid 30 USD withdrawal fee from upwork, 10 usd fee from my country's bank and another 10 from intermediary bank; therefore, the fee in total by the time it arrives my bank through wire transfer is 50 USD. 

2) Currently, my country ( Myanmar) is under a military coup and our banking systems are not working. 

Issues I am facing: In order to set up a USA wire transfer account, the name on my upwork account and the name of the bank holder must be exactly the same. I am posting here, wondering if that can be an exception? 

Looking for your advice. Thanks in advance. 

Regards, 
Thura

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Saw Thura N wrote:

I am trying to reach out to Upwork Team member to discuss about getting paid options

There is no need to contact support because there is really nothing to discuss. It would be a waste of your time and theirs.

Saw Thura N wrote:

I have tried to set up a payment option with a friend's bank account in USA

This isn't possible for legal reasons. The withdrawal method must be yours and in your name. No exceptions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Saw Thura N wrote:

I am trying to reach out to Upwork Team member to discuss about getting paid options

There is no need to contact support because there is really nothing to discuss. It would be a waste of your time and theirs.

Saw Thura N wrote:

I have tried to set up a payment option with a friend's bank account in USA

This isn't possible for legal reasons. The withdrawal method must be yours and in your name. No exceptions.

Thanks. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members