Recently, I submitted an inquiry because the time tracker did not report the 45 minutes that I worked for a client. UpWork Support is working on the issue. In the meantime, I was advised to submit the 45/50 minutes manually online. I did so, and I also notified the client of the manual time entry.
Today when I looked, the system is only showing 10 minutes, when I submitted the 45/50 minutes. I'm not sure what is happening, but I have never had this type of issue with hours in the past. I don't want to have to notify the client again of the manual time. I submitted the time in the UpWork system.
I even sent the client an attachment of the work that was done in that 45/50 minutes after I submitted the manual time in the system.
Can someone check into this?
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Upwork Time Tracker App. I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further.
I received a response from UpWork’s IT department earlier today, but this issue still has not been resolved.
I sent IT a screenshot showing where the Time Tracker on my computer captured the screen as I was working. I was sent a response saying that I need to clear the cache on the Time Tracker.
This isn’t an issue with temporary files, it’s an important issue in which the Time Tracker is not accurately interfacing my screenshots and time with UpWork’s internal system.
I am concerned that everything appears to fall on the freelancer to solve.
When the system didn’t capture the screenshot (even when I showed proof that screen shots were being taken), it falls on me to enter the time manually.
I contacted the client to notify them of the exact situation and how I planned to enter the time manually.
When I entered the time manually, the system still did not reflect the correct amount of time worked. Now I’m being told to contact the client again to ask that the time be paid as a bonus.
I showed the screenshot. Since it’s a software issue (and I have already reached out to the client), someone on UpWork’s internal staff should be able to assist with getting this resolved.
I’m being penalized because the software did not accurately communicate the time worked and the screenshot information to UpWork’s internal system.