🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Following up with clients
Page options
silvermaple24
Community Member

Following up with clients

After a project has been completed and a freelancer asks for feedback, how many days should he or she wait to contact the client? A few days? One week? Two weeks? I always have a hard time with this one since we don't live in a bubble, clients get busy and their priorities are different than ours. You don't want to come off a pain and at the same time you don't want to seem distant. I'm interested in hearing what others have to say on the subject.

2 REPLIES 2
jhutchinsraccqa
Community Member

I always try to say if you find this project satisfied, please feel free to close and let's leave feedback for each other to grow our profiles, however if you think you will have future needs, we can absolutely leave open. If they don't respond, I try to reach out again within a week or so, especially if I am awaiting a fixed milestone approval. This has worked for me majority of the time. If clients ghost for a couple months, I reach out one more time asking about closing or future needs. If they don't respond another month, I close the projects out myself as job completed, so I don't look overbooked.

silvermaple24
Community Member

Great approach, I will use it in the future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members