cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Macedonian Freelancers Payment

hekuranm
Hekuran M Member Since: Apr 5, 2016
1 of 11

Hello i am a new freelancer here in upwork i did a few jobs and made some money 
and i wanted to ask macedonian freelacers how do they recieve the funds what kind of bank account should i have 

This is urgent thank you

dashas
Ace Contributor
Dragana S Member Since: May 22, 2016
2 of 11

You should get a Payoneer Master Card, that's the only reasonable and effective choice. You just register on Payoneer's site, fill in the forms and order the card. It will arrive on your home address in 17-27 days and you can activate it online on their site. You can withrdraw money at every ATM with small provision, or you can pay in stores with it without any provision. Payoneer charges around $30 per year for the account, so it's $2.5 per month, which is reasonable. However they will charge you the whole amount at the first transaction, so you make sure you have $30 plus.

Skrill Master Card is still not available in Macedonia, nor PayPal as we know.

If you have any further questions, ask Smiley Happy

aleksovski-boris
Boris A Member Since: Apr 16, 2018
3 of 11
dashas
Ace Contributor
4 of 11
Hi Boris, I would suggest taking Vladimir G's advice on this, since it's what I did. Consult a tax advisor before you make any decision. For more info on this subject, there were quite a few discussions in the MK group called Creative Exchange on FB, check them out. Sorry I'm not using our mother tongue in replying, I believe it's appropriate to keep all communication in English here.
mrdanielprice
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
5 of 11

Does your country not have a regular bank account you can withdraw your Upwork earnings to?

dashas
Ace Contributor
6 of 11

I guess you could open a foreign excange account and try withdrawing your earnings, but since we are not accepted in the EU yet, there are many problems attached to this. I haven't heard of a freelancer here (in MK) that uses a regular bank account for withdrawal.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 11

Hi Dragana,

I can confirm that freelancer from Macedonia are indeed using bank accounts for withdrawing their Upwork earnings, either directly via Wire Transfer or connecting it to Payoneer (Payoneer card is not legal in Macedonia, but account should be), please see this blog article.

You can check with your local tax advisor, but I presume the system is similar to the one in Serbia, where there are relatively high taxes you are required to pay if you're withdrawing to a personal bank account when compared to taxes due if you register as a private entrepreneur. This is just my personal experience and I'd strongly urge you to speak with a local tax advisor or accountant.

Untitled
dashas
Ace Contributor
8 of 11

Thank you, Vladimir for your useful advice!

petkovska1987
Ana P Member Since: May 10, 2017
9 of 11

I am from Macedonia and 2 days ago My payoneer account was hacked.

Is there a chance to refund my money and Is there any other way except Payoneer as a payment method (In Macedonia).

It is really urgent and I am looking forward to hear some answers.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 11

Ana:

You say you have a Payoneer account?

And your Payoneer account was hacked?

Wouldn't that be a Payoneer matter? Why are you asking about that on Upwork?

You want money refunded to you? Why would Upwork refund money to you that was hacked from your Payoneer account?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS