cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the love of God someone please answer..

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
11 of 22

My Stats say my Profile was not viewed last week (see attachment), but I had several DECLINES from clients? 

Another buggy new feature?

Does this apply for people visiting my profile from outside (I.e. not logged in, who followed a link from my webpage to my Upwork profile)?

I know for a fact a few people have visited my profile so this stats are not accurate!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
12 of 22
Natalia, the client does not have to "view" a profile to decline an application. The metric is working ok.

On a different note, your profile is far too good (excellent reviews and experience + portfolio) to be getting below average application views, interviews and hires.

Is it possible that you could be applying to incompatible jobs (cheap clients etc)?
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
13 of 22

@Setu M wrote:
Natalia, the client does not have to "view" a profile to decline an application. The metric is working ok.

On a different note, your profile is far too good (excellent reviews and experience + portfolio) to be getting below average application views, interviews and hires.

Is it possible that you could be applying to incompatible jobs (cheap clients etc)?

Below average hires I have but I work long term jobs, so I would expect mine to be lower, but my views has dropped to 1 last week. Setu something is off on the views.  The funny part with mine is at the peaks the highest I have had is 4 views. But if that is considered more then my peers as my stats shows it is a big joke. See attachment. 

The points are 2 views, 1 view, 3, 4, 1 and 0. Although my graph shows I am viewed more often then my peers, and Interviewed more often. I know why I am not hired as often as I have turned down several jobs after interviewing as well as I stated earlier I work long term jobs.

It doesn't make any sense.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
14 of 22

Suzanne, as far as I know the "you were viewed" statistic pertains to how often your applications were viewed compared with those of other freelancers in that category.

The other (new) graph supposedly shows you how many times a client (anybody?) looked at your profile - after you came up in a search etc.

My graph shows an offensive 0.

Highlighted
Community Guru
15 of 22
@ Ela,

It would be good if a Mod could verify your opinion. It would be interesting if that is actually the difference between the two.

I think they are one and the same.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
16 of 22

How about the freelancers with their profile set to private I think they will never be seen if they did not apply to any job.

What do you think?

Highlighted
Community Guru
17 of 22

That is what I have experienced. This is why I think both graphs are showing the "same" views generated. This could be the reason so many had a sharp fall in the last month because the invitations dried up - hence no views.

It is also possible for past clients to find your profile even when set to private.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
18 of 22

So there are only two things for the freelancers set to private to be viewed their profile by the old clients which will never see after hire or if you apply a job and someone see your profile.

So we will be always at -%.

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 22

Views Calculation.jpg

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 22

Hi Ela,

That is correct. The difference between the two metrics is that You Were Viewed shows how often you were viewed comparing to other freelancers in your category while Profile Views count is a total by week of the number of separate people who have viewed your profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS