cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For writers Only

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
1 of 14

What's your maximum annual earning here at Odesk? Anyone who would like to discuss on it?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 14

For a writer you might want to change the first line of your overview.

"To me, writing engaging stuff is the greatest pleasure and I enjoy it."

Stuff ???

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
3 of 14

Well maybe it's not the best first line, but nonetheless Abdul seems to have a stellar Work History.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
BEST ANSWER
4 of 14

LOL. I just couldn't resist.

Absolutely agree. Very impressive work history. Will keep him in mind when I need a writer.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
5 of 14

Glad to hear that Jean Smiley Happy

@Abdul, to answer your original question: I guess I'm not comfortable with sharing my earnings but it wouldn't be accurate anyway because although I'm a writer, over half of my income on oDesk comes from proofreading & editing.

I have to admit, though, that I'm curious about the success of proofreaders, editors & writers on this platform. 

Mukami L Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
6 of 14

I would be pleased too if you have me in mind. From a different level though.

I am a new writer who is self-motivated and determined, seeking for opportunity to better

my skills and earn. Above it all it is not only about the money but the satisfaction derived from writing.

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
7 of 14

Haven't been consistent enough to call for annual salary. Monthly I can give you but not a year's worth.

On average, I earn less than 2000 per month but that's from a lot of clients. 

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
8 of 14

How can we increase it? 

In advanced countries, People earn same amount of money and is it sufficient to spend life?

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
9 of 14

i do the od profesional riting. my clients enjoy my attenton too detale, my grammer and symtex. i cant give you my earnings because im only a part tyme riter. also my riting contracts arn't consistont. 

Hypothetically, if I had a job that had no cap of content, I could easily earn $1,000 per week with a $0.05 p/word rate. Probably more, but I get bored easily.

Zablon M Member Since: May 12, 2015
10 of 14

you can do  $ 1000 per week? can you tell me how you are able to do so? too many clients or you work in a group or you hire other freelancers?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS