cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Foreign Inward Remittances Certificate

Highlighted
Shah F Member Since: Dec 18, 2015
31 of 40

local wire transfer pkr where upwork charge .99   but your conversion rate will be less then interbank rate  e.g 133PKR instead of 141PKR . I recommend to use USD wire transfer where upwork charge $30 per transaction send USD to you account if your account is PKR then your bank will automatically convert to current interback rate , if your account USD then USD will be at your account . and this method is good for proof of your income called inward transaction no tax on this transaction . 

Muhammad T Member Since: Jul 7, 2017
32 of 40

Thanks. If I get 141 rate for $ then I will definitely use this method. I have also applied for the remittance certificate for the other transactions see if I get it. Because someone mentioned that I can get it for the local bank wire transfers transaction as well.

33 of 40

for local PKR you can see at your bank statement  transferd from a local bank account at Pakistan so e you can't prove its a remetence . Usualy trasferd from Askari bank. I dont  know whos behind but Upwork says our partners where upwork pay USD at united states and they pay pkr at Pakistan .

34 of 40

Yes from now on I will be withdrawing with $30 method. But for the old transactions I have applied for the certificate as someone told me I could get it from the bank by informing them its remittance and they will verify. My bank asked me to provide the list of the transaction with the amounts now I am waiting for them to inform me about it they said it could take 1 week to 1 months lets see if I get it or not. If I have known before I would have withdrawn with USD method.

35 of 40

Make sure your bank give you right converstio rate . as i before use HBL and they give me wrong conversion rate and i complaint at PRI and then HBL pay remaining amount so switch bank .

36 of 40

Okay thanks for the info. How would I know what is the correct rate because the rate avaialble on website always varies. And also in case they do not provide me correct rate how do I make complain. My bank is Meezan I will withdraw is 2 to 3 days.

37 of 40

Please do let me know what should I mention as purpose of remittance as I made the withdraw direct USD and did not receive the payment bank is asking for the purpose of remittance and upwork is asking me to give them I do not know what information I should provide.

38 of 40

I have made a withdraw as USD wire transfer to my bank account in Pakistan my bank is Meezan. I did not recive the payment so I can contact them and upwork and figure out what the issue is my bank asked me to provide purpose for the remittance they says sender need to mention the purpose of remittance I informed the upwork support they are asking me for the purpose of remittance I contacted my bank again they said they do not know what should I mention they need purpose for the remittance now I am clueless here what information should I mention. I don't want to provide wrong information in case payment get delayed again or I have to pay extra transaction. Please help me.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
39 of 40

Hi Muhammad, 

I checked your account and can see that your ticket is currently on hold as the team investigates it further. They will reach out to you on the same ticket thread should they have an update on your question. Thank you for your patience. 

-Avery
Untitled
Muhammad J Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
40 of 40

Hello, All Pakistani Freelancers, I have a detailed post about this matter.

You can find the details about income tax  and PRC

https://hostinpk.com/how-to-get-prc-proceed-realization-certificate-for-income-tax-for-freelancers-i...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS