🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Foreigners in China
Page options
curadesign
Community Member

Foreigners in China

Hi. I’m foreigner living in China. I have valid bank accounts in three Chinese banks.

I’m facing issues in ID number part of the “get paid in China” option in the payment arrangements. I would like to be paid directly to my local accounts in China but i don’t have Chinese ID, instead we’re using our passport numbers. When i try to enter my passport no it gives an error massage saying that the number of characters is not enough.

Why don’t you simply let us put our passport numbers??? That’s really annoying!!!
10 REPLIES 10
JoanneP

Hi Ahmet Burak,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your help. I will wait for it. I appreciate the quick response btw.
teacherzhao
Community Member

I have the same problem. I am waiting for the support team to solve it.

ahiandipeboris
Community Member

I have the same problem. Please I need support

Hi Boris, 

I'm sorry for the delay. Could you please share more information about your concern so that our team can look into it further? Are you having the same issue as Ahmet Burak?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi. I’m foreigner living in China. I have valid bank accounts in three Chinese banks.

I’m facing issues in ID number part of the “get paid in China” option in the payment arrangements. I would like to be paid directly to my local accounts in China but i don’t have Chinese ID, instead we’re using our passport numbers. When i try to enter my passport no it gives an error massage saying that the number of characters is not enough.

Why don’t you simply let us put our passport numbers??? That’s really annoying!!!

Hi Boris,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into your concern and assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cannonronan
Community Member

Same problem, but I have a Chinese company. My company should be its own seperate legal entity, with its own ID, but there's only space to input a personal ID. I would've thought there's a mechanism for freelancers with ltd companies?

Hello Ronan,

Did you find some alternative for registering your company as a beneficiary?  If not how did you manage to get it work? 

Thanks in advance!

a96a4eec
Community Member

Hello Ahmet,

I'm facing the same problem here. Could you please share the solution you've got or the alternative you've used?

Thanks a lot!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths