🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Forgot security question and my registere...
Page options
soniadubupwork
Community Member

Forgot security question and my registered email and phone number is inactive now.

Hello upwork team,

It is highly appreciated that team assit us always in tough time.

My friend is using the Upwork from few past and she had forgotten her security question and unfortunately the registered number and email id inactive as well. Please assist her, even she is ready to provide each and every document which can proven her worth over here. She is ready to provide every single document as well so that she can verify her identification on the trustful Upwork. It would be grateful if you can help her.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
p_serechenko
Community Member

Hello Sonia,

What do you mean:  "email id inactive"

I can share with you mine experience, maybe it will help.

I had an account on oDesk, back in 2015. Then I left it for a long time, till 2019 to be exact:)

So, I created a new account, which came up being much better than the old one. Then, I had to verify my number for the new account. And message was comming up, saying that this number is used by another account.

Therefore, I had to find it, get in, in order to delete it. But, I couldn't remember any information to log in, or even find it.

Then I had "memory flash" to try to see my old email account history, in order to find links to my old account on Upwork.

I found them, but I didn't remember the password. There is in option to recover password, which I did AND managed to delete it succesfully.

If your friend have an access to her email account, the one she used to sign in on upwork, she will be able to recover her account. 

I just searched the emails, she must remember approximately year or month, when she was active on upwork.

Kind regards,

Polina

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sonia,

I sent you a PM. Kindly respond to it so we can help your friend.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Again,

The Username of my friend id is: **Edited for Community Guidelines** and the registered email id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. She has active login of Upwork account in the app but when she tried to login into the new laptop they ask about the security answer which she forgot. And the main problem is that she has lost all the data due to damage of the old laptop, she doesn't know the registered email id password and the registered phone is also inactive. She only knows the credentials of the UPWORK account and even she is ready to share with you if we can recover it by using the same. She is also ready to do any kind of verification process to get back her ID. I am attaching her government issued id and active login of the Account for your review. Request to please check and let me know if you need anything else from our side.

It is a humble request to please assist her, she has lost her brother last few months back and she is only to take care of her family. On her behalf, it is a humble request to assist her.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Video URL: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Good day Alexander,

I have this same issue but it's only when I'm going into the settings. I reformatted my laptop earlier this week and then when I tried to go to settings, I lost that option to "sent to email instead" which is what I've always been using since I don't have that sim that has that phone number anymore.

settings issue.PNG

Hi Efren,

Please consider updating your phone number and please check this help article for more information on how to enable the Two-step verification on your account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members