🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Forgot to add attachment to proposal
Page options
jboazman
Community Member

Forgot to add attachment to proposal

Hi. I sent out a proposal for a job and i forgot to add a necessary attachment. Is there no way to send anything after the original proposal? 

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathon B wrote:

Hi. I sent out a proposal for a job and i forgot to add a necessary attachment. Is there no way to send anything after the original proposal? 

You can withdraw your proposal and start over.

Yes, it will "cost" connects again.

4909e752
Community Member

Hi Petra,

I withdrew my proposal. I got an error message saying I can no longer apply. Were people once able to reapply after withdrawing a proposal, but now it is disallowed?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there no way to send anything after the original proposal?"

At this point, the only way to send anything is to withdraw the proposal and re-send (again spending connects).

But if the client responds to your proposal, then you would be able to send anything you want to.

Are you 100% certain that the attachment is "necessary"? Personally, when I post jobs as a client, I find attachments to be annoying and I never look at them.

cmdcodemaster
Community Member

No you can't follow your attachment to the original one. You can withdraw your proposal and send it again, if it is 6 connects.  It will cost you 6 connects again.

4909e752
Community Member

This is really silly that we can't edit our proposals. I just applied for a graphic design job and I even TOLD the prospective client that I am attaching artwork, explaining what each artwork is. 

yofazza
Community Member

It's just the way it is. There are too many freelancers, too little clients. Freelancers has one chance to submit and that's all. It's probably silly from our POV but not necessarily true from the general perspective. As a matter of fact complaining or demanding might be seen as silly when it came from an 'excess', 'oversupply', or 'expendable' group of people.

And everything else in this thread is currently wrong, because withdrawing a proposal does nothing except removing it from the client's view. You can't submit twice.

4909e752
Community Member

I worked hard at gathering samples of specific work and formatting them to show a client. I also spent a lot of connects for a high bid. I don't see anywhere where I can edit or "add on" my project files. How do I get these files to them? 

4909e752
Community Member

Who's complaining? Who's demanding? I'm merely stating how I feel about it. I've read here and in some of their blog articles that we can withdraw a proposal and resubmit. But when I tried to submit the new proposal, I got an error message that since I withdrew the proposal, I cannot apply "again". As a web developer, I don't see why it would have any effect on the Upwork website if people were to be allowed to edit their proposals. If they have a way for people to withdraw, then editing shouldn't be an imposition.

I'm not on Upwork a lot. Usually I get a lot of freelance work through word of mouth, Facebook and Instagram, plus Next Door ads. It's just that this month has been a little slow for some reason.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths