Stanislau L Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
11 of 28

Yes, I am sure.

They don't provide it in this year.

dmitry_bx
Ace Contributor
Dmitry B Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
12 of 28

Recently I contacted the Upwork Support and they answered that the 6166 form for Belarus will be ready in a couple of months.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
13 of 28

It is high time Upwork recognized that different countries have different tax requirements - such as invoices that can be followed up. Upwork is sitting on the fence. IMO this is dangerous business practice in the long term.

staslit
Stanislau L Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
14 of 28
Great, we need to get it before the end of this year.
glukodrom
Siarhei K Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
15 of 28

Hi all,

Let me raise this topic up.

Working through CoS forms with Upwork in Belarus is not legal way of doing the things. We need to pay 2 additional taxes. The amount of the tax for one of them could be significantly reduced if we get ONE copy (scanned copy) of form #6166 "Application for United States Recidency Certification" for ALL the freelancers in Belarus.

Dear Upwork Team,
We, freelancers from Belarus, would highly appreciate your help and support in getting this document for us.

We believe that yours top management can understand our needs and can schedule regular delivery of such kind of document for us. I would recommend to schedule some activities for this in the beginning of each year.

Thank you in advance!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Cheers,
Siarhei

glukodrom
Siarhei K Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
16 of 28

Hi,

Any updates on this topic?

Can anybody shed a light where we are?

Thanks,

Siarhei

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 28

Unfortunately, form 6166 for 2017 hasn't yet been issued by IRS to Upwork, Siarhei. We only have form 6166 for 2016 currently available. I'll send you a private message with more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
a1248
Aliaksandr Y Member Since: May 26, 2017
18 of 28

Valeria, could you please share more information HERE =) We all are interested...

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
19 of 28

Aliaksandr,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to post the form publicly here in the Community. Freelancers can contact customer support here and request the form via a support ticket.

~ Valeria
Untitled
mikesl
Mikhail S Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
20 of 28

Hi,

Can anybody provide one copy (scanned copy) of form #6166 "Application for United States Recidency Certification" for  freelancers from Belarus for the year of 2015. I guess all freelancers from Belarus alrady have it. Except of me. I extremly need it for avoing of a huge fine .

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS