🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Form W8-BEN
Page options
mr_shiro
Community Member

Form W8-BEN

Hello there from the UK,

As I'm sure you all know, we received a request to renew our Form W8-BEN information on our accounts (non-US freelancers) earlier on. I've filled out all the tax information on my account and it says information submitted. However, with the deadline of tonight before 30% tax withholding begins, I just want to ask if I need to wait for a confirmation from UpWork that the information has been registered and accepted before I can be sure the 30% won't apply?

I don't want to accidentally request my client approves a milestone only to get 30% non-refundable chopped off because I didn't wait for a green light from UpWork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Samuel James,

Please note that you will not be able to withdraw your earnings from Upwork until you complete the form. However, I can see that you've completely filled out the form and your payment method is now active. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ArjayM

Hi Samuel James,

Please note that you will not be able to withdraw your earnings from Upwork until you complete the form. However, I can see that you've completely filled out the form and your payment method is now active. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mr_shiro
Community Member

Thanks!

fa5780cd
Community Member

Regarding filling up information on W8-BEN: I had a question regarding 'Country of Citizenship'. I am currently a permanent resident of Ontario, Canada (have the PR card); however, technically, my citizenship (passport) is from Pakistan. Which country should I enter as my 'Country of Citizenship'?  Please advise. Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

I believe in this case your Country of Citizenship would be Pakistan, even if you reside somewhere else.

~Andrea
Upwork
0e82702a
Community Member

Hello , 

my tax information detail is complete but there`s a notify to fill form W8E and the form where to submit it ?

{ATS}

Hi Ardha Tan,

It's nice to hear back from you! I'd gladly walk you through the steps to complete the W-8BEN form. To complete the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you'll need to complete three cards in the Tax Information section of your settings. Here are the following:

1. Tax residence: ensure you have a tax address on file.

2. Taxpayer identification: start Form W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E as an individual, corporation, or partnership

3. Tax identification number: finish and certify Form W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E as an individual, corporation, or partnership

Please check out this page for more helpful information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e82702a
Community Member

Hi see you again JoanneP,

im see a Completed label once im have successfully completed it then tax classification "other entity type or claiming treaty benefits”  and it`s finish or do i need to fill and submit form W8BEN-E ?

Sincerely,

{ATS}

{ATS}

Hi Ardha Tan,

The W-8BEN Form can be found in the instructions I shared on this thread. Kindly check it out and complete it by filling in the details requested. Please know that you need to complete the W-8BEN Form to withdraw your earnings. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e82702a
Community Member

tax form submit it need how much period to proceed the form ?

{ATS}

Hi Ardha,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH , JoannneP 

i`ve  registry support ticket regarding tax form has fill up a complete and sent to tax agency. 

{ATS}
0e82702a
Community Member

hello everybody 

how many period to proceed form W8BEN-E ?

{ATS}
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members