🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Former client being investigated - I can't pu...
Page options
aarondesign
Community Member

Former client being investigated - I can't purchase connects

So, a client hired me on upwork a couple weeks ago. They paid me up front and then suddenly Upwork put my account on a limited access (where I can't purchase connects) and and told me that my client was being investigated, but didn't give a specific reason why. I don't understand why they would limit my account and every time I ask, they won't tell me anything except that "we understand this may be frustrating". 

Since then, I've refunded my client and ended the contract and nothing has changed. Upwork keeps telling me that I need to get my client to respond to Upwork's emails, but they aren't even my client anymore! I refunded them and ended the contract. I'm confused to how its my responsibility to solve whatever problem this is when I have no idea what's even going on. Upwork's got one thing right - I am frustrated because I can't purchase connects to send proposals and its been nearly 2 weeks. Upwork is a HUGE part of my income. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and the temporary hold is now removed from your account. Additionally, your open ticket has also been updated with more information regarding the issue you had.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dzadza
Community Member

Aaron A wrote:

Upwork keeps telling me that I need to get my client to respond to Upwork's emails, 

HUH?

Would anyone from UW care to explain this? Freelancer "needs to get his client to respond to UW emails"? Really? UW - are you aware that freelancers here have a hard time getting the clients to respond to anything - proposals, release the funds and close jobs...and that's a part of client / freelancer relationship. You gave clients here carte blanche - they can do whatever they want, when they want it and however they want it. Now you're asking us to basically do your job? Get the client to respond to your email or our accounts will be limited? You're the ones investigating the client - you find the client!
lysis10
Community Member

Sanja D wrote:

Aaron A wrote:

Upwork keeps telling me that I need to get my client to respond to Upwork's emails, 

HUH?

Would anyone from UW care to explain this? Freelancer "needs to get his client to respond to UW emails"? Really? UW - are you aware that freelancers here have a hard time getting the clients to respond to anything - proposals, release the funds and close jobs...and that's a part of client / freelancer relationship. You gave clients here carte blanche - they can do whatever they want, when they want it and however they want it. Now you're asking us to basically do your job? Get the client to respond to your email or our accounts will be limited? You're the ones investigating the client - you find the client!

Fraud. The prepayment probably has them thinking the client (the card is probably stolen) and the freelancer are trying to steal from them.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and the temporary hold is now removed from your account. Additionally, your open ticket has also been updated with more information regarding the issue you had.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar! You deserve a raise.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members