cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum messages - frustration

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1 of 12

I'm definitely in a bad mood today. What is the point of a forum if you can' t find your own messages or messages you have replied to? I can't understand why there isn't at least a date next to the entries.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 12

If you log in and go to My Settings there is a tab in there where you can see all posts where you have participated.

Clumsy yes...user friendly no.

Community Guru
3 of 12

Thanks, Jean!

Thanks again if you can tell me which tab. I have pressed everything on my settings page. But I know I am missing something - maybe it's the red mist in my eyes.Smiley Mad

I wish I had even a third of your patience! (Do you think it was a human who designed this website?)

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
4 of 12

Yep, the old forum was outdated but you could at least find your last messages. This definitely isn't user friendly.

Sign into your settings at the top left of the page, and then click 'subscriptions'.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 12

Hi Nichola,

We're working on some updates we expect to launch in the next month or so. One of the main changes is to standardize your Community profile page, aka Community page, so that you can quickly find "your" content, that is the threads you've participated in, kudos you've given, etc. We'll be rolling this out soon. 

Community Guru
6 of 12

Garnor, hello! Sad wave from the other side!

I have opened another window and on my settings page 'subscriptions' is nowhere to be seen. Sorry, everyone, I must be particularly dense today Top left-hand-side starts with "billing" and "settings" beneath that. I have looked at all those - no 'subscription' to be seen. Smiley Sad

Actually, my settings are on the top right-hand-side of the page. Ah well . . .must be one of those oDesk days.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
7 of 12

@Nichola L wrote:

Garnor, hello! Sad wave from the other side!

I have opened another window and on my settings page 'subscriptions' is nowhere to be seen. Sorry, everyone, I must be particularly dense today Top left-hand-side starts with "billing" and "settings" beneath that. I have looked at all those - no 'subscription' to be seen. Smiley Sad

Actually, my settings are on the top right-hand-side of the page. Ah well . . .must be one of those oDesk days.

Nichola, you're loking at the settings for the main oDesk site, not the forum. To see your forum message history, you need to go to your forum settings, see attached screenshot.

Community Guru
8 of 12

I knew I was being dense!

Thank you very much!!Cat Embarassed

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
9 of 12

I can't find any of my messages because I don't subscribe on topics.

I have to remember topic's name and search it. I don't see messages in chronological order and the option to change this has been removed or something.

10 of 12

You don't need to subscribe to see any message where you have participated.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS