🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Four days have passed and the Support Team re...
Page options
a6d91258
Community Member

Four days have passed and the Support Team refuses to answer my queries about a suspended account

Hello everyone: 

Four days ago, I wrote this in this Upwork community forum: 

"Dear all: 

I hope this finds you well. The reason for this message is to present an inquiry regarding an incident that produced a suspension or a hold on my Upwork account, and I don't know why. Today, I received an email in which Upwork notified me about a withdrawal through wire transfer. The worst part is that I didn't do this. So, I wrote to the Upwork team very worried about this, and they decided to bring my inquiry to the Security Account Team. When I reviewed my account to begin my work, I realized that it was suspended without any reason. I have to clarify that I never broke Upwork's terms and conditions that I always keep payments within the platform, even when clients request payments outside. The person who attended my inquiry never explained that presenting or informing about a wire transfer would conduct to a suspended account, which is highly unfair because I have considerable earnings in my account. I didn't know that presenting any inquiry can produce a suspension. I feel like I've been punished for present an inquiry regarding reversing this transaction. I knew that this is not possible and it's ok, I understand, but, why did you choose to suspend my account instead answering my request. 

Nowadays, I have more that ten contracts, I have excellent commercial relationship with my clients, and I always pay fo fees for project milestones and worked hours. If Upwork team needed to verify my account or required more information, I want you know why they didn't do this in the first place and choose to suspend my account. Also, if this is not a suspension, but a hold, I don't understand why you didn't inform me about that hold before presenting any inquiry. Because of this incident, I swear that I won't present any inquiery or request never in life. 

Does this happened to you? What Upwork team says in these cases?"

Since then, I haven't received any single answer on behalf of the Customer Support Team or the Account Security Team. I've been writing to them through different means: email, ticket thread, and Twitter. However, nobody responds. I'm terrified because I don't what Upwork is reviewing in my account, how is this process going, when do I to submit documents to verify again my identity if needed. Nobody tells me what is happening, and I feel disrespected. I consider that receiving a proper answer is a matter of decency in this situations. Every day they say that I need to give them 24 hours, but it's been four days. 

Can someone help me with advise or communicating this to a moderator?

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Vivian,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received an answer yet. We're going to follow up with the team handling your case and we'll get back to you once we have more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a6d91258
Community Member

Hello Luiggi. Thank you. This is really sad. Every human being in this situation deserves an answer regarding such a hard situation. I hope you can help me to reach a solution with the team in charge of my case. Four days for providing a solution from a customer service department is too much. I've been reading similar posts, and I discovered that the team usually responds in 24 hours. This is special and I'm indeed worried. 

Best regards. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members