🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fradulent Client Posting
Page options
shettakka
Community Member

Fradulent Client Posting

I recently had a fradulent interaction with a client that posted a job. Why would upwork allow a client to provide a fictional contact name based off a tv show. The client wanted me to go to an outside website to set up an interview. Then they closed the job out on Upwork. This is not ethical. I would like my connects for this proposal to be returned. Upwork has to do a better job at making clients accountable for trying to take advantage of people on this platform for malicious intent.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging this for us, Shettakka. I've checked and the job you're referring to has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Also, connects you used for submitting a proposal for this project were already refunded to you. This you can check under your Connect History tab

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

The better question would be how much more would you be willing to pay in fees for Upwork to hire a large full-time staff to review and investigate job postings? 40%? 50%? 

Personally, I much prefer exercising my own judgment and not radically increasing the cost of the service.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging this for us, Shettakka. I've checked and the job you're referring to has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Also, connects you used for submitting a proposal for this project were already refunded to you. This you can check under your Connect History tab

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
shettakka
Community Member

Thank you!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths