cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Client and Contract been paused and suspended

snaga79
Sherif I Member Since: Feb 4, 2018
1 of 12

Dear All, I have a case, I have an open hourly base contract with a payment verified client, I worked for her for 2 hours and when I tried to resueme my work in the next day, I have seen that the contract got paused and suspended by UpWork, after the investigation and E-Mails with UpWork team, they told me that this client is a fraud and they are trying to retrieve the payment for me and for other 5 freelancers, sure I tried to get in contact with the client but she totally disppeared.

In this case, please I need a clear answer, what shall I Do??

If I left the contract open my JSS will fall as there will be no more work on it and if I closed the contract my JSS will fall as well as there will be no feedback from the client as once again the client is fraud and dissapeaered.

I believe I have done everything right, the client payment was verified before accepting the offer and I have done my job on time, so please I don't need the long regular replies which has nothing related to my case, client is fraud and contract is paused.

Thank you in advance and my best regards, Sherif

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 12

Hi Sherif,

Just to confirm that your client's record of feedback is taken into consideration when weighing their interactions in your score. We know that not every contract will end perfectly, and your JSS won't be ruined by just one or two negative contract outcomes. 

~ Goran
Upwork
holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
3 of 12
Well, since the fraud client is likely suspended, they cannot close the contract.

So you can either leave it open for a while so that you can build your JSS more before you close it, or you can just go ahead and close it.

If it does damage your score, you can then use your top rated perk to remove it from your JSS calculation.
snaga79
4 of 12

OMG, I can't really believe it, a Fraud client with a verified method of payment and now my JSS will get effected, can I know where is my problem in this case? how it come I am the one who will get blamed and effected from such a fraud verified payment act, I am sorry but this is not the reply that I did expect, you guys supposed to remove this contract by UpWork team and not through the freelancer, this is a well planned FRAUD CASE..

Thank you anyway, what can I say more.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 12

Contracts from clients who are suspended for ToS violations are excluded from the JSS calculation (only as long as the client remains suspended.)

snaga79
6 of 12

Finaly, there is a light, thank you Petra, so if you please ellaborate more, what shall I do then in this case.

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 12

@Sherif I wrote:

Finaly, there is a light, thank you Petra, so if you please ellaborate more, what shall I do then in this case.

Nothing.

Wait a while to see if it gets resolved, if not, just close the contract.

One "No Feedback" contract in 26 would not have affected you anyway.

snaga79
8 of 12

but you said: Contracts from clients who are suspended for ToS violations are excluded from the JSS calculation (only as long as the client remains suspended.)

correct me if I am wrong; that means that if the problem didn't get solved with this client and she remained suspended and I did close the contract, that supposedly wouldn't effect my JSS, am I right??

and what if I left the contract open for good and the client remianed suspended, is this going to effect my JSS??

Thank you in advance, you are the best

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 12

@Sherif I wrote:

1) but you said: Contracts from clients who are suspended for ToS violations are excluded from the JSS calculation (only as long as the client remains suspended.)

2) correct me if I am wrong; that means that if the problem didn't get solved with this client and she remained suspended and I did close the contract, that supposedly wouldn't effect my JSS, am I right??

3) and what if I left the contract open for good and the client remianed suspended, is this going to effect my JSS??

Thank you in advance, you are the best

1) I said that even if the client was not suspended, the odd "no feedback" contract won't ding your JSS. It only does if you have a significant percentage of those. I keep mine below 10%.

2) Correct

3) Don't do that. Give it a month, then just close it.

snaga79
10 of 12

well Petra, I just received an E-Mail from UpWork team telling me that they closed her account due to clear evidence of fraudulent, so with this evidence, what will you do if you were me? I trust very much your opinion and I am very sorry for asking you too much questions.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS