🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fraud Client at Upwork
Page options
kashif_uzma
Community Member

Fraud Client at Upwork

Contact ID. **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I never demanding about Amount and I just demand to stop such a client to use Upwork. Anyone from the Upwork community guides me on how to deal with such clients.

The client asks me to clear some typing course and I did it successfully but he said at End your typing speed doesn't 60 to 70 wpm and I provide him 40 to 50 wpm. So he asks me to refund the amount and I'm going to refund half amount of the total budget but I wrongly click on the Full amount and after that, this client used some bad words like Idiot, etc...

I can reply to him very well but I never used such bad words... After that, he agreed to give me half amount but now he never replies to me.

I never need this little income but I request the Upwork support team to please take action and not allow this Client to work for Upwork. A client like this create a bad impact on a platform..,

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Uzma,

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience with this client. I've notified the team about this so they can further assist you via a support ticket. In addition to this, please feel free to check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Uzma K wrote:

The client asks me to clear some typing course,

Did you think a client willing to cheat on typing tests wouldn't be willing to cheat on freelancers who also cheat on typing tests?

You refunded the full amount, the end.

In future, don't engage in cheating, the person taking tests for a cheater is just as bad as the cheater themselves. 

I will surely take care onward but I want that upwork never allow such client to use this platform. Upwork is good place and I'm attached there from last 3 years. First time a client takes the work and run without paying.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths