🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fraud Client!
Page options
kohei27
Community Member

Fraud Client!

Hi, can someone help me. I received an email that says my client committee fraud and that payments will be reversed. They said they have reviewed the contract and it didn’t qualify for hourly protection. I replied asking who the client and what project and no reply. And this morning, payment under review was gone.

I dont understand. I thought hourly contract is protected? I tracked my time and finished the work. Client gave some more work which I did. He accepted my work.

The email said client will be removed from marketplace but I see her profile is still active and she has changed her photo. She also had active contracts and open job posts? I don’t understand how clients can get work done by us and just disappear?

5 REPLIES 5
yitwail
Community Member

Kohei, there's payment protection for hourly contracts only if you use time tracker, and provide memos, and there's keyboard activity, and screenshots show that you're working on the project.

Hi John,

I did use the time tracker, there's keyboard activity, and screenshots. However, I admit that I failed to write in the memo because I'm doing translations and the tasks never changes. I've never had a problem before with hourly contracts.

tlbp
Community Member

Kohei N wrote:

Hi John,

I did use the time tracker, there's keyboard activity, and screenshots. However, I admit that I failed to write in the memo because I'm doing translations and the tasks never changes. I've never had a problem before with hourly contracts.

It only becomes a problem if you want to take advantage of payment protection. 😒

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kohei,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. Please, check out this help article for more information. The team will also be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kohei27
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you.

I'll wait for the email.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths