cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fraud Proposal - Data Entry

asharma352
Ashish S Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
1 of 9

Hi All, I have been asked for send a security deposit of 12$ adter I did submit a propasal for Data entry job from ' **Edited for Community Guidelines**' and He/She asked me to send an email to his/her personal email i.e mentioned above but I din't yet. And He/She declined a job from upwork when I submitted a proposal so Is this s fraud call? Pls let me know how can we trust the freelance work if they demand?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
2 of 9

Ashish S wrote:

Hi All, I have been asked for send a security deposit SCAM of 12$ adter I did submit a propasal for Data entry job from 'xxx@gmail.com' and He/She asked me to send an email to his/her personal email i.e mentioned above but I din't yet. And He/She declined a job from upwork when I submitted a proposal so Is this s fraud call? Pls let me know how can we trust the freelance work if they demand?

I just though it is more visible this way.

asharma352
3 of 9

Yeah you are write!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 9

Hi Ashish,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the job title or the client name so that our team can investigate this further? 
I would also recommend to check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. To learn more about getting started on Upwork and how to protect yourself, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
asharma352
5 of 9

thanks garan,

Actually this job is closed it seems! I got the below message.

"This job has been removed from Upwork, so we are no longer able to retrieve your proposal."

asharma352
6 of 9

Hi Goran,

I just recieved the similar proposal from one of the client and he asked me to send an email to his personal email. pls find the proposal below..Pls take the appropriate action on this.

client name -  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I attached a screen shots also.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 9

Hi Ashish,

Please keep in mind that sharing private information publicly in our Community is not allowed. I would also like to confirm that our team has already taken proper actions to the client you're referring to. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
8 of 9

It's a scam. You NEVER have to pay clients a security deposit - there's no such thing. They're just going to take your money and disappear. Go to the project page and use the "flag as inappropriate" link in the top right-hand corner to report this. (It may have already been taken down because somebody else reported it.) 

Also be aware that it's against the terms of service for you to exchange email addresses or communicate with clients off the platform prior to being officially hired with an Upwork contract; it's also against the rules for you to receive a payment other than through Upwork. You'll be much less likely to be scammed if you follow these rules. Clients can't "demand" anything - you're in charge of your own business and you need to stand up for yourself. 

asharma352
9 of 9

thanks christine! I will take care of this.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS