🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Fraud project posted
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Fraud project posted

I review vast amounts of project posts every day looking for clients, and there are many scams which i flag, but this one deserves special attention:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

To be clear, "Money Adders" are pieces of software which claim to generate vast amounts of money from nowhere! Needless to say, this is a scam. And yes, they will most certainly require you to log in to Paypal, Skrill, etc., to 'give' you money for nothing, and after doing so, will likely steal whatever money you have there.

This needs to be taken down and some measures taken against poster. This is beyond the normally 'acceptable' scam on the Internet like 'send me $15 processing fee to be considered for this nonexistent work position' - that one ventures into the area of serious crime.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Alexander,

I checked and I can confirm that this job has already been removed. We thank you for flagging jobs that you find suspicious so that our team can go ahead and review them and take action on those that violate Upwork ToS. If you have any questions or need assistance with, please let us know. Thanks again.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brent_brooks
Community Member

New here, good to know, thanks for sharing...

Job posting is gone already.

JoanneP

Hi Alexander,

I checked and I can confirm that this job has already been removed. We thank you for flagging jobs that you find suspicious so that our team can go ahead and review them and take action on those that violate Upwork ToS. If you have any questions or need assistance with, please let us know. Thanks again.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I flagged a job this morning that I thought was a scam. Lots of other people must also have flagged it because it was taken down seconds after my flag.

Thanks! Here's one more for you:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

(that guy posted more than copy of the same job). 

Unlocking phones for commercial gain (300 phones is clearly for commercial gain i.e. to sell them) is now a felony in the U.S., proof: https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/now-illegal-unlock-cellphone/story?id=18319518

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reporting the job, just to confirm that I`ve already escalated it to our team to be reviewed further. 

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths