🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fraud
Page options
mayar_elsherif
Community Member

Fraud

Hi there! The job proposal was to rate a page and get money in return. I naively thought that it was a page that was just getting started or needed to be more popular and needed reviews. However, the page turned out to be a scam based on the "actual reviews" of other people, and I don't want to take part of doing that, and I want to report the employer as she is using Upwork as a way to get 5-star-reviews to continue scamming people. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you have not accepted the client's offer, you can decline it with no consequences at all.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mayar,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the details with so that our team can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mayar wrote:

Hi there! The job proposal was to rate a page and get money in return. I naively thought that it was a page that was just getting started or needed to be more popular and needed reviews. 

In which alterative universe would leaving fake reviews ever be acceptable, even if it's "a page that was just getting started?"

What should I do?

End the contract and do not write a fake review.

While I do understand your pov and agree with you, I have seen pages that wanted to be more popular to sell things or to get opportunities to advertise and receive money. As you can see, I checked the reviews before I did anything to ensure that it's not suspicious.

As for the other question, it is because I am new to Upwork, so I wanted to know whether ending the contract will affect the job completion or my feedback..

Mayar E wrote:

I wanted to know whether ending the contract will affect the job completion or my feedback..

It will affect your Job Success Score, yes.

You should have checked the details before you accepted the job, not afterwards.

I didn't acept the proposal yet. If I reject it, does anything happen?

Edit: I am sorry. Since the money is in escrow, I got confused, and I assumed that I already got the job.

If you have not accepted the client's offer, you can decline it with no consequences at all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members