Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

sarahbjose
Sarah J Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
11 of 13

Hey guys,

Just as an FYI. here's the skinny on this guy: after suspecting what was going on, I investigated and figured out what he is doing. He is soliciting writers on Upwork for high-volume, fast-turn around jobs. He promises great rates, which is what is luring people to take the chance because the pay seems so high compared to many other content writing jobs out there. Yeah, that whole too-good-to-be-true thing.

He actually a "provider" for IWriter who recieves his assignments, farms them out to unsuspecting Upwork clients, then gets paid for them on IWriter while disappearing once the writer catches on. As of today, IWriter has been notified about the issue, but this guy is smart and constantly changes screennames. Unless both Upwork and IWriter can block his IEP, he will figure out a way to keep up this scheme.

I

The moral of the story is to follow Upwork's TOS, because they are here to protect us from this exact scenario. If anyone asks to Skype message you, don't.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 13

Doesn't he offer $15/article but wants the contract to be set as hourly? That's high priced?

sarahbjose
Sarah J Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
13 of 13
$22 per 500 words in my case. He varies his proposals to throw people off.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS