🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fraud?
Page options
danielwarriner
Community Member

Fraud?

I'm not sure if this is going to a real person or bot. But my payment, what was left of it anyway, was not transferred to my bank account and not returned to upwork either. I've since cancelled the contract and will close my upwork account. The payment should be refunded to the person who paid it as I've cancelled the contract, and who knows where you have the payment now but it's out of my hands.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel, 

I checked your account and can see that you've withdrawn on 31-July. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers take 4-business days to be processed. If the withdrawn amount still hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, you can come back here, so that our team can assist you further. 

I also checked your recent contract, and you may be referring to the last funded milestone. I can confirm that this has been refunded back to the client's billing method, and should reflect in their account soon.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Daniel W wrote:

my payment, what was left of it anyway, was not transferred to my bank account and not returned to upwork either.

When did you withdraw, within the USA or abroad?

Were the bank details correct?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel, 

I checked your account and can see that you've withdrawn on 31-July. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers take 4-business days to be processed. If the withdrawn amount still hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, you can come back here, so that our team can assist you further. 

I also checked your recent contract, and you may be referring to the last funded milestone. I can confirm that this has been refunded back to the client's billing method, and should reflect in their account soon.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members