🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fraudulant and Mis-information in the job pos...
Page options
neetikaagarwal
Community Member

Fraudulant and Mis-information in the job posting

Today I have applied for a job posting. The client was offering $1000 in the original proposal, but now he is offering $200 only. This costed me 6 connects. What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

There is nothing you can do about that. Nothing actionable. No rule violation here.

Thank you. But I think something should be done on ethical grounds here. At least, I should be able to get my connects back, as we are paying for them. 

Clients often post budgets just as placeholders because they're not sure how much a project should cost, so it wasn't necessarily a malicious bait-and-switch situation (although that does happen, too). The fact is, Upwork isn't very good at figuring out the exact number of connects that should be required for a job - even when clients provide detailed information and don't change their budgets. However, I've bid on some high-paying, long-term jobs that only cost 1 or 2 connects when they ought to have cost 6, so I'm pretty sure that it all evens out in the end.

tlbp
Community Member

Don't trust the number stated in the job posting. Look at the client's hiring history and evaluate what they pay on average. Look at their previous jobs. If a job post looks too good to be true, it probably is. 

Thank you ! I'll keep that in mind.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members