cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Lancer Search based on name: what is result display criteria ?

ZAFAR I Member Since: Nov 18, 2014
1 of 4

Hello ! My name is Zafar Iqbal and when i searched myself as freelancer on oDesk it showed me down on the first page. Where as few people with similar name are above me and most of them are not active since long; even one is last active about two years ago. some free lancers's name is even not zafar iqbal but those appeared before my name. There must be some good criteria of order of result when searched is made by name.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 4

Welcome to the world of oDesk. No one quite understands how oDesk programmed the search. It seems that whenever people search for their own name, it rarely comes up.

My name appears on the middle of page 2 when I search for my name, so you're actually doing pretty good.

The first name on the page when I search for "David Gregory" is "Kyrylo Fedotov" which I guess in some alternative universe is the same as David Gregory.

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
3 of 4

"Welcome to the world of oDesk. No one quite understands how oDesk programmed the search."   

" The first name on the page when I search for "David Gregory" is "Kyrylo Fedotov" which I guess in some alternative universe is the same as David Gregory."

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
4 of 4

Natasa i know how you feel!

can't breathe... die laughing...

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS