Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Work, Won't pay

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 6

I knew it, It was just a matter of time since this site has no fixed rate. There's a job in the Admin Asst section, Has a fixed rate budget of $5. and wants freelancers in the advanced category. In the job description, it's blantely stated that he will NOT pay anyhting.

So, since he's not paying anything the only thing a contractor can do is to pay THEM. And there are between 15 to 20 contractors who've already applied.

Yes, I've flagged it, How long it will take to delete this job before this wonderful client hires someone, is anyone's guess.

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 6

I bet I've flagged that job 10 times.  At least.  

He states clearly in the job description that it's not paid.  And he posts it over and over and over

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 6

The fact that this site has no fixed rate has (gasp!) led someone to post the same sort of call for free work that we see everywhere on the Internet, the only difference being that here it actually violates TOS, whereas it's invited in most arenas?

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 6

I'm curious.  Does the fact that this is an acceptable practice elsewhere mean it shouldn't be excoriated here?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 6

I think it's great when my competitors waste their connects with this trash.

I never report any of this stuff.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 6

I definitely wouldn't flag this job. While I don't understand why people apply, maybe because they are expecting good feedback and they don't know there won't be any without money being paid, I find it's a good thing that they apply.

Every connect zombies spend on such jobs are not spent bugging real clients. This kind of jobs doesn't hurt me nor nobody else but the zombies. Let them be.

Don't report.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS