🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Free connects for a new profile disappear...
Page options
chernukha-irina
Community Member

Free connects for a new profile disappeared

Hello,
I just registered my profile, noticed I got 20 free connects to start with, didn’t use any of it yet, got invited to a small illustrators agency and when I wanted to start submitting proposals I noticed all my connects are gone. Again, none of them were used, they just disappeared.

Is it somehow connected to being part of an agency? And how can I get them back? As a new person on this platform I find these first free connects are quite useful.

Thank you in advance!
Irina
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Irina C wrote:
Oh, just checked it again and yes it says “exclusive freelancer” in my invitation. Had no idea about that. Any chance I can change it?

I'm sure it can be changed, not sure if by you or your agency manager/owner.

I don't think the connects will come back though.

There are no advantages for you being an exclusive freelancer, only disadvantages, so get that reversed asap.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
wickedlnl
Community Member

As far as I know if your account is connected through an agency that has more people, those connects are given as a whole to the whole agency so if they are already gone I am assuming someone else under the agency already used them up.

There are only three ppl including me in the agency and I’ve checked with both of them and they didn’t use any or get extra ones. As they finished agency’s connects just recently (before they invited me) it shows 0 now. So I guess it is not the case.

Irina C wrote:
There are only three ppl including me in the agency and I’ve checked with both of them and they didn’t use any or get extra ones. As they finished agency’s connects just recently (before they invited me) it shows 0 now. So I guess it is not the case.

Did you agree to be an exclusive agency member (which would be a very bad idea) 

Then you'd not be able to do literally anything outside the agency, and wouldn't have any own connects.

Oh, just checked it again and yes it says “exclusive freelancer” in my invitation. Had no idea about that. Any chance I can change it?

Irina C wrote:

I'm sure it can be changed, not sure if by you or your agency manager/owner.

I don't think the connects will come back though.

There are no advantages for you being an exclusive freelancer, only disadvantages, so get that reversed asap.

Got it, thank you!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members