cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free trial

Ayesha I Member Since: Aug 2, 2013
1 of 8
Hi everyone, So far, clients have been happy to hire me based on samples of my writing or through short, paid trials. I now have a client asking me to complete a 6-8 hour free trial - not sure what the etiquette is? He says there is a potential for long term work if hired - but it still seems like a lot of work for the chance of getting hired. He is new on oDesk and does not have a verified payment method but the job itself sounds legit. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance!
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 8
It's against TOS. Flag now as "asking for free work" and then run as far as you can.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Shannon R Member Since: Aug 16, 2014
3 of 8
Anytime a client asks you to "work for free" what they are really saying is, "Hey I think you are a sucker and I am going to get you to write for me under some guise and then never work with you again". and in turn they get something for free. Do Not do it ever.....
Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
4 of 8
Never do free samples. Paid trial projects, only. Flag their post - it's against TOS.
5 of 8
Thanks everyone. What is TOS?
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
6 of 8
'The Omnipotent Source' --- just kiddin'.. it's actually short for 'Terms of Service'
7 of 8
Thanks Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
8 of 8
This client can't honestly be serious. If he's really here to hire long term, he can simply hire you for a short test and find out what your capabilities are that way. This just has scam written all over it.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS