🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Free work asked by Client
Page options
antony_valan
Community Member

Free work asked by Client

Hi Upwork Team!!!

Recently I had submitted a Wikipedia Proposal and had a chat with my client. His page was in deletion and I left a positive comment in Wikipedia. He said that he has no way of payment methods right away and said that he will payy me my amount of 20$ within the 24 hours. But It has been a day already and he is still unresponsive. Please help me in this. Yes, I understand that this was my mistake, but I need my money from him. I also had several loss in Wikipedia of hime, So I woud like to have a refund of 35$ from him. He said that he had no accessibility to his payment methods and said he'll be paying me yesterday.

This is his

proposal: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Client's name : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

He is still Unresponsive to me. So Kindly help me.

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi
Community Member

Antony V wrote:

Hi Upwork Team!!!

Recently I had submitted a Wikipedia Proposal and had a chat with my client. His page was in deletion and I left a positive comment in Wikipedia. He said that he has no way of payment methods right away and said that he will payy me my amount of 20$ within the 24 hours. But It has been a day already and he is still unresponsive. Please help me in this. Yes, I understand that this was my mistake, but I need my money from him. I also had several loss in Wikipedia of hime, So I woud like to have a refund of 35$ from him. He said that he had no accessibility to his payment methods and said he'll be paying me yesterday.

This is his

proposal: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Client's name : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

He is still Unresponsive to me. So Kindly help me.

Did the "client" send an offer that you accepted and were you officially hired? Did you submit your work using the contract page/"get paid now" button? If hourly, did you track your hours?

If you did none of this and worked without a contract in place, a milestone funded, or hours tracked to submit, there's not a lot Upwork can do. It is up to you as a freelancer to make sure you have a contract and are set up to be paid properly with a client who has verified his payment method.

If someone told me they have "no way of payment methods right away", I would view that as a red flag and walk away. You are working with complete strangers ... promises make are usually promises not kept.

Yes, I have tracked the time spent

Antony V wrote:
Yes, I have tracked the time spent

What do you mean? Is it an hourly contract? Do you see a job on your My Jobs page? Is it an hourly contract?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths