🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelance and client work
Page options
karyna26
Community Member

Freelance and client work

I want to work with a client through an upwork. How can he create a contract and hire me so it doesn't look like I'm creating a fake project? Customer from USA, I am from Belarus

And will the client be able to leave a review after this contract?

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Since you are not a top-rated freelancer yet, you only have one option that is to create a direct contract for the client. You can create a direct contract by clicking the button to the left of your profile picture on the main screen on the Upwork account.

For direct contacts the client does not need to create an Upwork account, in fact, they should not have an existing Upwork account.

Clients, do not have the ability to leave feedback or rating for a Direct contact, and the earnings from the direct contract are not shown on your profile nor does it affect your JSS or ranking. You also do not pay the usual service fee for direct contracts, just 3.4% of the contract fee.

If you are looking for a way to facilitate payment processing and need an escrow service this option will suit you. However, if you plan to build your profile and have feedback and reviews this may not be a suitable option.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the detailed answer!

"However, if you plan to build your profile and have feedback and reviews this may not be a suitable option."

I want this contract to affect my reputation and the client to be able to leave a review after work

How can I do that?

I think you have a nicely done profile with enough portfolio samples and an intro video. You also have a rising talent badge, which is good to have.

You should search and apply for a suitable job, there are many clients that are willing to give a chance to rising talent.

Bets of Luck!

petra_r
Community Member

Karyna C wrote:

I want this contract to affect my reputation and the client to be able to leave a review after work

How can I do that?

It's a little bit of a fine line/slippery slope to be honest. If you get hired by someone you know with the sole purpose of helping your profile and feedback history etc, that is called feedback manipulation and profile building. Both are violations of the terms of service and can and possibly will get you banned.

Such jobs are usually easily spotted. They tend to be small(ish) and the client is relatively new and has only ever hired one person...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members