cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelance-contract-template

60786e8c
Amalia M Member Since: Feb 26, 2018
1 of 4

Is there a freelance-contract-template that can be used for a contract with a client.

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
2 of 4
The contract is included. The client will send you a contract, you accept it, then fulfill the terms. But you have to make sure you've accepted the job. At that point you are contractually obligated to fulfill the terms of that contract.

Edited for contract not contact.
gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
3 of 4

Hi, Amalia, welcome to Upwork!

No, you don't need a contract template because on Upwork, clients set up the contracts and it's all built in to the platform.

Your question suggests you may not have reviewed the information for new freelancers. If not, I strongly encourage you to read all of it before submitting a proposal and absolutely before accepting an offer. If you browse this forum, you'll discover a substantial amount of the traffic is new freelancers who jump in without understanding how to use the platform and wind up losing time & money.

Good luck!

resultsassoc
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
4 of 4

Upwork provides contracts. To ensure absolute clarity, I may send the client a formal proposal, since the description in the job post is often of little use. My standard format is

Our Understanding of the Current Situation

What we believe you need

Our Approach

What You Will Receive

Costs

Timing and Billing

Your Responsibilities

Conclusion

I send this as an attachment to a message so that it is part of the Work Room.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS