🐈
» Forums » Support » Freelance plus subscription cancellation and ...
Page options
aroradishant
Community Member

Freelance plus subscription cancellation and refund

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request?
66 REPLIES 66
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dishant,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi There,

I have been charged  $14.99 for Membership fee (Subscription Renewal Charges).
Ref id 368044293

I never know that upwork will automatically take payment from my card.
And I never wanted to renew my subscription.

I don't want to get anymore connects.
And I don't want renewal of subscription.

I would request upwork team to refund me the $14.99 amount that has been taken from my bank.
Also they can take the connects from my account.
As I don;t want them.

Also I don't want any Paid subscription in future.
Please unsubscribe me & issue me refund on urgent base.

Thanks,
Agha Mahmood

Hi Agha,

You can downgrade from Freelancer Plus to Freelancer Basic by:

Going to Settings > Memberships & Connects
Click the View or Edit Membership Plan
Click the Switch to Basic button on the Basic plan

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your refund request.

~Andrea
Upwork
949139e9
Community Member

Hi Andrea 
Could you help me?
My Plus membership automatically renewed but
I want to cancel my membership and refund my money on Upwork

Hi Malak,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your concern. Feel free to access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
51820a19
Community Member

Hi There,

I have been charged  $14.99 for Membership fee (Subscription Renewal Charges).
Ref id 586533706

I would request upwork team to refund me the $14.99 amount that has been taken from my bank.
As I don't want them.

Please  issue me refund on urgent base.

Hi Khubaib,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi There,

I have been charged $14.99 for Membership fee (Subscription Renewal Charges).

User Id 2aeec554

I never know that Upwork will automatically take payment from my card.

I would request Upwork team to refund me the $14.99 amount that has been taken from my bank.

Also, they can take the connects from my account.

As I don’t want them.

Also, I don't want any Paid subscription in future.

Please unsubscribe me & issue me refund on urgent base.

Thanks,

Azan A

907661f7
Community Member

Hi There,

I have been charged $14.99 for Membership fee (Subscription Renewal Charges).
Ref id 586533706

I would request upwork team to refund me the $14.99 amount that has been taken from my bank.
As I don't want them.

Please issue me refund on urgent base.

Hi Alif,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
f8542bc2
Community Member

Hi Elvan
Could you help me?

please this Ref Id  606556591 money back , 

ı coundt reach anywhere

Hi Elvan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, i would like to cancel my subscrition membership on upwork and get refunded. Because i had no time to work with upwork due to my busy schedule on work, thank you.

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Elvan
Could you help me?

please this Ref Id  664936163 money back , 

ı coundt reach anywhere

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Hey Upwork,

Today, Upwork deducted for Membership Plan Renewal Charges but I don't want to continue with updated plan so I want to cancel plus plan and refund 

Thanks,

Hi Alaa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request?

Hello,

I was also been charged by 14.99usd automatically for the membership billing even though i didnt want it anymore. Please help me to get a refund. I am hoping for your response. Thank you.

Ref id: 403707601689

Hi Chlor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your request to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
micaelaquuiizon
Community Member

Hi, I want to make a refund also from my last billing in my agency plan. I remembered canceling the plan few days ago and not sure why I'm still being charged.

Hi Micaela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I just got billed a couple of hours ago for the premium membership that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support. 

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b57fdd58
Community Member

Hi, I just got billed a couple of hours ago for the premium membership that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support. 

Hi Kent,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bavial
Community Member

Hi, I just got billed a couple of hours ago for the premium membership Freelancer Plus that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support.

Hi Vitaliy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
andy_xia
Community Member

Hi, I just paid for the premium membership Freelancer Plus that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support.

• Reference ID 525230866
  • Date Oct 27, 2022
  • Type Payment
  • Description Paid from PayPal andyxia920@gmail.com
  • Amount $14.99
14e3d2e4
Community Member

Freelance plus subscription cancellation and refund

Hi Althaf,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
malihasaqib
Community Member

Hi, I just got billed a couple of minutes ago for the premium membership that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support. 

Hi Maliha,

~ AJ
Upwork
e_hinvi
Community Member

Hello,
I just received a Freelance Plus subscription renewal notification. But I don't want to subscribe anymore. I would like to proceed with requesting a refund but there is no way for me to contact support. Below are information of the last transaction done on my account that I would like to cancel.

Financial account: SQUAD TECH LTD

Reference ID: 572266462

Hi Edouard.

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your billing cycle starts on the 13th of every month. That said, you will not be charged for the Freelancer Plus plan if you downgrade your membership before April 13th. To downgrade from Freelancer Plus to Freelancer Basic:

1. Go to Settings  Memberships & Connects
  2. Select View or Edit Membership Plan
  3. Choose the Switch to Basic button on the Basic plan

Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e_hinvi
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your reply. I have already done the change you described in your message. I have done it since last month. But I have been billed on my agency account. The thing is that I have no plan on continuing starting from this month. Obviously, the billing cycle of my agency (April 10th) is different from the one of my personal account (April 13th). Please kindly refund for the last transaction on the SQUAD TECH LTD agency account. 

Hi Edouard,

Thank you for following up. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
sultanassyl
Community Member

Hey, I have the same issue. I was billed for Freelancer Membership and want a refund for this month. Thank you! Was billed today.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths