cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelance search results

Hi, As a new Freelancer to the site I wanted to see where I appeared in listings. I did a search and tried to search by Freelancers who have passed tests in the top 20%, to find I could only search for the top 10% or top 30%. Has anyone else had this problem? Its a bit annoying as for a newbie I consider my test score rankings a sell for new clients! 

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Guru

Your test scores aren't a selling point. I doubt if clients ever search using that criteria (though I am open to being proven wrong). 

On a related note, search on Upwork is nothing like search on a web browser. Your rank is not static nor solely merit-based. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false...

petra_r
Community Guru

Jennifer R wrote:

Hi, As a new Freelancer to the site I wanted to see where I appeared in listings. I did a search and tried to search by Freelancers who have passed tests in the top 20%, to find I could only search for the top 10% or top 30%. Has anyone else had this problem? Its a bit annoying as for a newbie I consider my test score rankings a sell for new clients! 

I doubt any client would ever need that level of refinement, if they pay any attention to test results at all.

With a top 20 result you appear in the top 39 anyway.

Also, as a new freelancer, the vast majority of your jobs will come from proposals, not invites.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS