🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer Account - Cant buy Connects
Page options
rick2079
Community Member

Freelancer Account - Cant buy Connects

My freelancer account ran out of connects and want to pay for the first time for connects and i get this message:

Your profile has not yet been approved

Once your profile has been approved you can view your default membership plan or upgrade your plan on this page.

Help please!
7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ricardo, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please confirm if the issue persists when you clear your cookies, or use a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork
rick2079
Community Member

Hi Avery, i tried a different browser and even deleting the cookies on my browser and still the same.

I realized i have "2 accounts".. the first one is an Agency type account and the second one (the one im trying to buy connects for) is a freelancer account .

Still showing this

Hi Ricardo,

The reason why you can't purchase connects on your freelancer profile is because you`re an exclusive member of the agency. This means that you can work only on projects under the agency.
If you would like to work as an independent freelancer as well the agency owner will need to change your status to Non exclusive member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, i tried to do that but was unsuccessful... Im lost here... the only option that makes sense is Members and Permissions.. and it says that i need to upgrade to Agency Plus and i dont want to do that.

Is there another option to change the status to Non Exclusive Member (my account is owner of the agency and freelancer at the same time so it seems.)

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richardo,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket and further assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am Teguh, I have the same problem as mentioned above by Ricardo and have the same concern to get a job from my freelancer account.

A bit different with Ricardo, I was starting the membership plan from my agency account by today. I mistakenly assumed that the membership plan will also get the "connects" as I plan to buy.
Turn out I realize it was only a membership plan without top-up "connects".

While in my Freelancer Account, I still have enough available "connects" to get a job.

So please help me how can I get a job without buying another "connects" from my Agency Account, I prefer to get a Job from my Freelancer account for several targeted job. 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Teguh,

Thank you for reaching out. If you want to apply using your freelancer account, you just have to switch your profile from agency to freelancer account and submit proposals from there.

Since you will be applying from your freelancer account and will not be using the Agency Plus plan, are you also looking to have the payment refunded?

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members