🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer Account downgraded to basic.
Page options
uranush02
Community Member

Freelancer Account downgraded to basic.

Hi, I just received a notification saying my account was downgraded to basic by customer service. Just wondering why it happened?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Umesh R wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to confirm that its not something that I should be alarmed. 

On the side note, I thought I would still be able to use the Plus membership privileges until the next renewal date, which is the 6th of July. 

Oh? Is that the billing cycle? Did you cancel the plus membership then? In that case you can still use it until the end of the billing cycle.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Umesh R wrote:

Hi, I just received a notification saying my account was downgraded to basic by customer service. Just wondering why it happened?

because you didn't pay the monthly fee?

Hi Petra,

Thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to confirm that its not something that I should be alarmed. 

On the side note, I thought I would still be able to use the Plus membership privileges until the next renewal date, which is the 6th of July. 

Regards

Umesh

Umesh R wrote:

Oh? Is that the billing cycle? Did you cancel the plus membership then? In that case you can still use it until the end of the billing cycle.

Yes, I cancelled my plus membership plan a few days ago. I was able to use it until now but for some reason, my plan seems to be switched to basic, although my setting page shows differently.

What makes you think it's set to basic? The screenshot shows it will come into effect on the 6th?

I received a notification stating that "Your account is switched to basic by customer service". Therefore, I wanted to ensure that I'm not in trouble.  

Looks like my Plus priveledges have been reinstated, as I'm able to view bids on jobs now.  

Thank you for your time.

Hi Umesh,

I`m not sure at the moment why you have received a notification about your plan being downgraded to basic. But, I would like to confirm that your current membership plan is Plus. 
If you experience any problems on your end, please follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths