🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer Account
Page options
harshadsathavara
Community Member

Freelancer Account

My friend is Graphic & Web designer and doing job. He would like join upwork to do projects but if his employer find him on Upwokr then employer may termnate him. I have below points for this conflict.
1. Can I create upwork login with other name? So employer can not get him.
2. Can I add his profile to my account and when I will got project related to his profile he can work on this without creating his upwork login.
Please guide me for this conflict.

6 REPLIES 6
prachi163
Community Member

If he is working somewhere and the present terms of his employment see his freelancing work as a conflict of interest, then no, he cannot and should not create an Upwork account and find work here as long as he is still employed.

As to you creating an account for him with a 'different name', that's basically fraud and is therefore a bad idea.

Thanks for your response.

If I creating an account for him with a 'different name', will it be create ans issue to verify account later on?

Creating an account with a different name is lying about your real name.

If that doesn't deter you, then yes, verification would be a problem and your friend can get permanently banned from using Upwork.

Agency membership can help to allow work now upwork freelancer with my existing upwork account.

Harshad S wrote:

Thanks for your response.

If I creating an account for him with a 'different name', will it be create ans issue to verify account later on?

You can't create an account for anyone anyway. Your "friend" has to create their own account and in their own legal name. Otherwise it gets to the point of ID verification and it's ByeBye anyway.

If you create accounts for people you'll get suspended along with your "friend!"

Harshad S wrote:

Agency membership can help to allow work now upwork freelancer with my existing upwork account.

You don't have an agency and even if you had one, your friend's profile in the agency would still have to be in their own legal name.

Also, agency membership costs $ 20 per month plus connects.

Thanks Petra for your reply..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths