🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » (Freelancer) Cancelling a payment that’s alre...
Page options
aaronroselo
Community Member

(Freelancer) Cancelling a payment that’s already being sent?

Hello there,

I haven’t been working actively on Upwork recently and an automatic payment of my funds got sent to my bank with an e-mail notification today. The only problem is that it was sent through an account that I’m not using anymore (as it’s in a different country). "Direct to Local Bank Transfer" was processed according to the e-mail.

Is it still possible to retract this payment when it's already been processed automatically? I tried contacting customer service but just got redirected to an e-mail form.

9 REPLIES 9
aaronroselo
Community Member

I meant a Bank account that I am not using anymore, not an Upwork account.

petra_r
Community Member

Aaron R wrote:

Hello there,

Is it still possible to retract this payment when it's already been processed automatically? I tried contacting customer service but just got redirected to an e-mail form.

Unfortunately not, but if that bank account can not accept the payment, the money will bounce back to your Upwork account, that will take 10 to 20 days, sometimes longer.

**Edited for community guidelines**

that sucks - I did not know that my old account was still tied to upwork, so I also did not know it was going to be transferred to that account 😕

Aaron R wrote:

that sucks - I did not know that my old account was still tied to upwork, so I also did not know it was going to be transferred to that account 😕

Change it to the correct withdrawal method now, if you haven't already done so.

just did it and deleted the old one, although I guess it will still transfer to the one that's already being processed. I sent an e-mail but not getting my hopes up.

Aaron R wrote:

just did it and deleted the old one, although I guess it will still transfer to the one that's already being processed. I sent an e-mail but not getting my hopes up.

Oh it will go to the old one, absolutely no doubt about that and Support can't do a thing about it at this late stage.

no problem, but thanks for answering though! lesson learned: check upwork lol

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you. 

Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines. Please note that personal attacks aren't allowed in this Community.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members