🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer + Client
Page options
nancykz
Community Member

Freelancer + Client

I thought I posted this the other day but can't find it now... anyway...

I am both a freelancer and client on Upwork. Is there a way, since I get notifications for both no matter which I'm communicating as, to pay my freelancers from my balance vs. having my card get charged? Kind of how I pay my $15/month or whatever it is from my earnings?

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nancy,

Clients can not use the amount earned to pay their hired freelancers because your freelancer and client accounts are different accounts. We can not transfer the funds earned as a freelancer to your client account. You will need to withdraw the funds and fund your payment method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
qaseem_r1
Community Member

Currently, you can only use the payment methods i.e. Credit Card or PayPal. However, it is fairly simple to put your money in Payoneer and use it for the client account. That is the way for now.

Qaseem R wrote:

Currently, you can only use the payment methods i.e. Credit Card or PayPal. However, it is fairly simple to put your money in Payoneer and use it for the client account. That is the way for now.

You can NOT use a Payoneer card to pay freelancers. If you are able to, the system is not working as designed because Payoneer is a prepaid card, and those are not allowed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths