🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer Payment Advice
Page options
petarstf
Community Member

Freelancer Payment Advice

Hello!

tl;dr: Worked remotely, no files or evidence I've done the job, got paid less.

I could use some advice on how to deal with the following situation. What I should've done better, and how, if possible, to get the most out of the current situation.

I had a job with a client, agreed upon 60$ per day. All the work is done remotely, by logging into their machines. Contact was also made over Microsoft Teams on their account. They appoint daily tasks(Also on MS Teams), and I do them.

1st milestone: After a days work, they paid 60$.

2nd milestone: Set the milestone for a lesser amount than agreed to, but seemed fine to me, as the fixed price would've been paid in full after the 3rd milestone. The amount set was for 240$(4days) due in 6 days.
After 6 days of work, doing daily tasks successfully set by their team, they review the code, say they consider the total workload should've been done in 4 days max. Approve the milestone for a lesser amount than agreed to, pay me for 3 days, as the first day was already paid for. Ask for an escrow return for 60$.

3rd milestone: Obviously didn't get there, the amount would've rectified the lesser amount in the second milestone.

I understand that accepting the 2nd milestone with lower amount in start was a fault on my part, so I am guessing there is nothing I can do about it now?

So basically, I feel a little cheated, and was wondering if I could do anything, and if so, what should be done now on my part to get paid as agreed on start, or at least to get the full milestone payment. 

Thank you in advance,
Petar

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Petar S wrote:

After 6 days of work, doing daily tasks successfully set by their team, they review the code, say they consider the total workload should've been done in 4 days max. Approve the milestone for a lesser amount than agreed to, pay me for 3 days, as the first day was already paid for. Ask for an escrow return for 60$.

3rd milestone: Obviously didn't get there, the amount would've rectified the lesser amount in the second milestone.

I understand that accepting the 2nd milestone with lower amount in start was a fault on my part, so I am guessing there is nothing I can do about it now?

You are free to dispute the return of the $ 60 and hope the client can't be bothered to argue over $ 60...

The $ 60 is the most you can hope to get as that is all that's in Escrow.

tlbp
Community Member

When you review the client, indicate that they attempted to reduce your milestone payments after you accepted the contract. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths