🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer Submitting a Contract to a New Cli...
Page options
pitchwoodsfx
Community Member

Freelancer Submitting a Contract to a New Client

Can a freelancer submit a contract to a new client?  The client asked me to submit the contract but I cannot find a path to do that.  We are both UpWork users and we have not worked together before.  I submitted a proposal and he approved, so now we want to set up a weekly contract.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Laura G wrote:

Can a freelancer submit a contract to a new client?  The client asked me to submit the contract but I cannot find a path to do that.  

The client has to hire you and create the contract. It can't be done from your side.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura, 

If you haven't worked together in the past, you will not be able to propose a contract to the client. Your client will need to send you an offer so that you can accept it on your end. 

On Upwork, we always recommend for freelancers not to start working unless the client sent an offer to the freelancer, the freelancer accepted the offer, the contract is showing as an active contract on the freelancer's My Jobs page, and the client's payment method is verified. These are minimum requirements for a freelancer to be eligible for Payment Protection

Since you and your client are new to Upwork, you may want to check out the freelancer and client resources we have compiled here to get you both started on Upwork. 
Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members