» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer account
Page options
jahidup
Community Member

Freelancer account

Can use multiple freelancer account in same device. Thank you
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "My question was about can i use multiple accounts in a computer"

Multiple Upwork freelancers may indeed use a single computer.

Furthermore, a single Upwork user may use multiple local computer accounts to access their same Upwork account.

An Upwork freelancer may have only one Upwork account.

But Upwork places no limit on how many computers she may use to access her singular Upwork account.

And Upwork places no limit on how many separate local computer accounts she may use to access her singular Upwork account.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

More than one person may use the same device to connect to Upwork.

Obviously it is important that every person use their own Upwork account. Ideally each user should have their own separate account on the local computer as well.

Device=computer

Understood.

Computer.

There is no rule against multiple people using the same computer. In theory, 10 different Upwork user could be using the same computer.

It is certainly plausible that such activity would raise an flag in Upwork's automated algorithms that have been put in place to find naughty people. If a flag is raised, it doesn't mean something bad automatically happens to any freelancer. But it could lead to Upwork checking things out... Upwork has ways of determining if you've been naughty or nice. Make sure you're familiar with this:

Freelancer Violations and Account Holds

Can I create multiple freelancing accounts for mine

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jahidul, 

Please note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's ToS

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Can I make my Upwork Seller Account with the same information as I put in a freelancing account.? Like, seller and freelancing account possess the same information.

Hi Muhammad Waleed,

You can be a Client and a Freelancer using the same account. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To create a Client account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My question was about can i use multiple accounts in a computer

re: "My question was about can i use multiple accounts in a computer"

Multiple Upwork freelancers may indeed use a single computer.

Furthermore, a single Upwork user may use multiple local computer accounts to access their same Upwork account.

An Upwork freelancer may have only one Upwork account.

But Upwork places no limit on how many computers she may use to access her singular Upwork account.

And Upwork places no limit on how many separate local computer accounts she may use to access her singular Upwork account.

Jahidul I wrote:

My question was about can i use multiple accounts in a computer

You, personally, may not use multiple Upwork accounts anywhere on anything. You may not have multiple accounts on Upwork. If you make them, you'll be in trouble. If you already have them, you're already in trouble.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths