🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelancer and Employer Profile conflicts...
Page options
renuverma
Community Member

Freelancer and Employer Profile conflicts :(

Hi All Freelancers,

I figured I should create a post to address very important features. I hope upwork will consider or atleast upwork success team will brainstrom on it. 

1. I think upwork should have new feature where freelancer can make their profile priviate for other freelancers only.  Agree or disagree?

Who can see my profile:

a. All Upwork Users

b. Clients only (not freelancers)

c. Public

d. Private 

2. Once you switch your profile as a employer and want to hire, freelancer can see your profile and start judging you. Several months ago, I had a local client and I personally didn't have a time to take care of the project. I figured I can hire someone from upwork. That upwork folk could see my profile and started demanding for more money because he figured I could pay more. 

Agree or disagree?

3. When you are on employer profile, upwork should make it optional if you want to include your personal profile/ name etc there. OR communication should be done as a company. For example, I have a small registred LLC called "Creative Pro". My conversation with freelancer should be as creative pro and freelancer name. So my personal profile be very private from other freelancer.

Agree or disagree?

4. It use to be... but not anymore.... If client leave active project on your profile more than 3 or 6 months, upwork should end it. Upwork use to do that long time ago and freelancers didn't have to suffer. Now, if you end those contracts by yourself, your success score go terribly low. Not fair....

Agree or disagree?

I understand that upwork thinking about employer but its we freelancers who giving away our 20% and 10% income. I believe upwork need to address serious issues like I mentioned and work on it to make freelancers life easy. Specially if you want to hire someone. 

Guys, please post your comments if you think its appropriate or inappropriate 😞

I truely believe that upwork for sure continue growing and helping freelancers they deserve and need. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sbilu131521
Community Member

4. It use to be... but not anymore.... If client leave active project on your profile more than 3 or 6 months, upwork should end it. Upwork use to do that long time ago and freelancers didn't have to suffer. Now, if you end those contracts by yourself, your success score go terribly low. Not fair.... Agree or disagree? VERY VERY AGREE. It should be noticed and take care.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sbilu131521
Community Member

4. It use to be... but not anymore.... If client leave active project on your profile more than 3 or 6 months, upwork should end it. Upwork use to do that long time ago and freelancers didn't have to suffer. Now, if you end those contracts by yourself, your success score go terribly low. Not fair.... Agree or disagree? VERY VERY AGREE. It should be noticed and take care.

Sagar S wrote:

Sagar, the above is absolute nonsense.

1) Whether a freelancer or Upwork end a contract has no effect on how that contract affects the JSS. It never did.

2) Contracts that end without feedback are not a problem for the JSS as long as money was paid and there isn't a big pattern or too many  such contracts.

3) Contracts that stay open and go idle are not a problem for the JSS as long as money was paid and there isn't a big pattern or too many such contracts.

petra_r
Community Member

Renu J wrote:

2. Once you switch your profile as a employer and want to hire, freelancer can see your profile and start judging you. Several months ago, I had a local client and I personally didn't have a time to take care of the project. I figured I can hire someone from upwork. That upwork folk could see my profile and started demanding for more money because he figured I could pay more. 

If you post a job from your client account, there is no way for freelancers to find your freelancer account unless you give them plenty of hints that identify you and they go and actively go to search for you. There is absolutely no link from a job post or contract to your Freelancer account.

Renu J wrote:

4. It use to be... but not anymore.... If client leave active project on your profile more than 3 or 6 months, upwork should end it. Upwork use to do that long time ago and freelancers didn't have to suffer. Now, if you end those contracts by yourself, your success score go terribly low. Not fair....

Upwork paused old hourly contracts and didn't close them - and closing contracts yourself does not affect your JSS at all provided money was paid on the contract and you don't have a big pattern or too high a percentage of such contracts (which you don't)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths