cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer and customer ?

Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
1 of 4

i would like to know if someone can be freelancer for some works and customer for others.?..i mean not on the same project of course . 

What is the policy of upwork about that ? maybe it is possibel with differents accounts or the same  ? i really dont know...

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
2 of 4

Hello Olivier,

Yes, you can be both, please check this page: https://support.upwork.com/entries/23074437

I am not both (I'm only a freelancer) and can't get into more details but I believe you need to have 2 different bank accounts. One will be for your freelancer revenue and the other for the client expenses.

However, I'm not 100% sure about this last statement, perhaps someone else could confirm this?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 4

Olivier asked, "What is the policy of upwork about that ? maybe it is possibel with differents accounts or the same  ? i really dont know..."

If you are going to be a client and a freelancer both, it MUST be with same account, so be very careful if you do this because if you are suspended as a client, you will also be suspended as a freelancer, and vice versa.

4 of 4

ok ! thanks both for your replies....that seems logical

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS