🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelancer blocked me after I paid them o...
Page options
88c143b1
Community Member

Freelancer blocked me after I paid them off UPWORK & didn't complete a job

I went through quite an unfortunate experience, does anyone have any suggestions? this freelancer is still operating on upwork & has their own "business" they run as a service for online users. I am very startled that I can't report them to upwork and they are still able to work as usual. Please give any useful advice on how to respond to this unjust situation... I had several calls with them and they worked on my job posting and then stopped responding to my messages & proceeded to block me on every platform.

3 REPLIES 3
24d7c8e2
Community Member

If you paid them outside of Upwork (why would you do that?) I don't think that there is much you can do. You may even run the risk of being kicked off of Upwork from working with a Freelancer outside of Upwork.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You were scammed, nothing can be done about that. Never ever agree to pay outside of upwork. 

PradeepH

Hi Mariam,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the freelancer. As confirmed by Pepita and Martina, requesting or offering to get paid outside of Upwork is considered as a serious violation of Upwork TOS. That said, I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to request more information on your concern. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths