cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freelancer can pay to other freelancer from upwork earning instead of credit card or paypal.

imadil
Adil Badshah M Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
1 of 9

Dear Upwork Management,

I encountered that, there isn't any facility to pay any other freelancer from upwork earning. Please make an option to pay any freelancer within upwork account.

Any freelancer can get help from other freelancer and that would pay within upwork account.

Hope you will consider it.

Thanks,

Adil

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 9

They've said that they can't for legal reasons.

imadil
Adil Badshah M Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
3 of 9

I don't think so there would be any legal reason. It is another facility for freelancers. Like I am a freelancer at upwork but some time I also need help from other freelancers and I don't have credit card or paypal so it would be easy for me to pay from my earning.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 9

Jennifer is right. They can't for legal reasons. It's been discussed many times before.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 9

They've answered before. It's a legal issue, so it's not happening.

Get a CC.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 9

If Upwork execs wanted it to happen, they could make it happen. There are plenty of ways to do this by rearranging things behind the scenes to make it work.

They don't want to do it. Maybe there are laws they're concerned about. Maybe there are other reasons. It doesn't much matter, as there's nothing we can do about it.

It's not worth worrying about, as obtaining a credit card or PayPal account that allows you to pay contractors is not an unreasonable burden for somebody who wants to do business online.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 9

@Adil M wrote:

I don't think so there would be any legal reason.

Well, you are thinking wrong.

There are serious legal implications, and this will not happen.

Use a credit card or a PayPal account backed by a credit card  like any other legitimate client, or you can not hire here. End of.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 9

It was legal on Elance but it is illegal on Upwork. In California, there is a different set of laws for businesses whose names starts with letters from A to M and for those whose names start with letters from N to Z.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Adil,

As others mentioned on this thread, client and freelancer financial accounts had to be separated a while ago for legal reasons. You'll need to add a client company and a separate payment method in order to hire freelancers on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS