🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelancer can't update/improve a proposa...
Page options
debi-f
Community Member

Freelancer can't update/improve a proposal

Hello,

While I was writing my proposal to convince the client, to show my skills, and sending samples, the client changed conditions. First offered $400, and some minutes after that he changed to $300.

In the meantime, I sent my proposal. Even, when I'm sure that my offer is fair, it is really not honest to change conditions in the meantime. I can't change / improve my proposal.

The same happens if a client declines my proposal because he considers that the bid is high.

If the client can change the offer after posting it, why can't I change my proposal after sending it? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
debi-f
Community Member

Thank you. No, I don't want to change the price. In fact, I think that $400 is a low bid for the task they ask. I wanted to make changes in the proposal, answering to the lower price they offer now.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sofia2008
Community Member

You can change the amount of your proposal without withdrawing it.

bilal1983
Community Member

Go to the job post again, and you'll see an option to change terms or withdraw proposal. You can only update the proposed amount and not the cover letter.

tlsanders
Community Member

The one thing you can change about your proposal is the amount.

But, why would you want to do a $400 job for $300? 

debi-f
Community Member

Thank you. No, I don't want to change the price. In fact, I think that $400 is a low bid for the task they ask. I wanted to make changes in the proposal, answering to the lower price they offer now.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members