🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer in prospective Contract-to-Hire co...
Page options
a9448874
Community Member

Freelancer in prospective Contract-to-Hire contract

Hi, 
I might soon get an offer to switch to full-time contract. But before I accept that, I had many questions. Such as:
1) Will I still be able to do other freelance contracts?
2) How is the payment to me managed?
3) What is the taxation behind such income?
4) Does Upwork still charge 10% cut-off from hourly wage?
I was hoping if someone experienced in such contracts could answer, or the Upwork team. 
Thanks a lot for your help!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Jayashree,

Thank you for your message; let me help answer your questions. Yes, you will still be able to work on other contracts on Upwork even if you accept to go full-time with a client from a Contract-to-hire opportunity. Since you are essentially accepting to work full-time with a client, Upwork doesn't manage your payment, and how you'll get paid is up to you and your client to decide.

Similarly, Upwork won't charge any taxes and fees after your client pays the Conversion Fee and you move to a full-time opportunity with them. We'd recommend you consult a local tax authority if you'd like to know what taxes you'd have to pay. You may want to visit this help article for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Jayashree,

Thank you for your message; let me help answer your questions. Yes, you will still be able to work on other contracts on Upwork even if you accept to go full-time with a client from a Contract-to-hire opportunity. Since you are essentially accepting to work full-time with a client, Upwork doesn't manage your payment, and how you'll get paid is up to you and your client to decide.

Similarly, Upwork won't charge any taxes and fees after your client pays the Conversion Fee and you move to a full-time opportunity with them. We'd recommend you consult a local tax authority if you'd like to know what taxes you'd have to pay. You may want to visit this help article for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members