🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer profile is no longer available
Page options
be8f20eb
Community Member

Freelancer profile is no longer available

Hi! 2 weeks ago, I hire a freelancer for one week project. Project was successfully compeated and I liked the result. After that I tried to give him another job, but got a message "This profile is no longer available". Contacted him by a chat,  he told me that his profile was suspended, he didn't receive any additional information or e-mails till present time. I wonder what's the correct way to solve situation like this one? I want to keep working with this freelancer.

4 REPLIES 4
versailles
Community Member

Aleksandr B wrote:

I want to keep working with this freelancer.

If he was suspended due to a fraud, which Upwork won't disclose to you, you may want to work with another freelancer.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Aleksandr:

I understand your frustration with this situation.

If you had a satisfying experience with a particular freelancer, and you want to hire that freelancer again, but that freelancer can no longer be hired through Upwork... Then, yes, that is a problem.

I can assure you that Upwork is not going to have any response to your question other than to say that they can't discuss somebody's else's suspension, and that their platform does not allow clients to hired freelancers who are currently not approved to be hired by the platform.

There MANY OTHER freelancers on Upwork whose profiles are active, who are available for hire, and who can do the same type of work.

Another way to think of it is like this:

A certain movie was available on Netflix. You watched the movie and enjoyed it. But that movie is NO LONGER available for streaming on Netflix. This means you may NO LONGER watch that movie on Netflix.

belkamelmohamed
Community Member

Hi am having the same issue with my account can someone please look into it, my account is no longer available to others, and it says "Financial transactions for xxxxxx have been limited."

Hi Mohamed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths